Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Supper tonight


This is the first time I've posted on What can I eat that's gluten free. It's hosted by The Gluten Free Homemaker and a great place to find gluten free recipes. I'm always looking for new gluten free recipes, so thought I'd join in on the fun.

It's feeling like fall around here, and I use my crockpot a lot in the fall/winter months. This is one recipe that I use quite a bit. It's easy to make and my sometimes very picky kids love it. Win win for me! :)

I adapted this recipe from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook. It's pretty much the same, with a few tweaks here and there to make it gluten free and dairy free.



Hungarian Goulash

  • 2 lb. tenderized round steak, cubed
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 Tbsp Bob's all-purpose gluten free flour, or any flour mix of your preference
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1 can tomato sauce, plus enough water to rinse out can, about 1/3 of the can
  • 1 cup plain coconut milk yogurt (sour cream or soy yogurt can be used as well)

Mix the meat, onion powder, garlic powder and gf flour together in the crockpot until the meat is coated.

Add remaining ingredients, except plain yogurt and stir well.

Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Add yogurt about 30 minutes before serving.

Serve over brown rice or gluten free noodles (we prefer the rice).

Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing this recipe. It sounds like just the kind of thing my family would enjoy. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining in the carnival. Its always a pleasure seeing new faces and what they bring to the table. I look forward to seeing more from you. This looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete