Friday, October 8, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I have found the perfect use for zucchini. Put it in a cake with some chocolate and you've got yourself an awesome, moist, yummy chocolate cake!! This is one of my absolute favorite cake recipes. I intended to frost it with a vanilla frosting, but we ate it all before I even thought about frosting. Seriously, it didn't need a bit of frosting.

I pureed several zucchini, divided it all up into 1 cup containers and froze them so I make this cake again even in the middle of winter.






Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Cream:
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or earth balance
1 tablespoon shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar

Add & beat well:
2 eggs

Add
1 cup unsweetened pureed fresh zucchini

1 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda

Beat until smooth. Bake in greased 8" x 8 square baking pan at 350F for 45 minutes (If you bake in glass, reduce the heat by 25F).

Frost with your favorite vanilla frosting recipe.....or not. :) It's awesome either way.



No comments:

Post a Comment