Since there is a very limited selection on breakfast cereals that my son can have, I decided to make some almond butter granola for him. I've never made granola before, so figured this was as good of a time as any. I'm happy to say that my first attempt was a success!! :)
Almond Butter Granola
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 7 cups oats
- Cook oil and almond butter over low heat until it is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and maple syrup.
- Add oats and stir well until oats are coated.
- Spread onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes stirring at least once.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.