Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies:
- 1 bag semi sweet (or bittersweet) chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp ( 3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup gf flour mix
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 or 3 crushed candy canes
1. Melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stirring constantly.
2. In large bowl with electric mixer beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir in chocolate mixture. In small bowl , stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi sweet chocolate chips and walnuts
3. Refrigerate at least an hour or until firm. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, place spoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over top of cookies immediately after taking them out of the oven.